Our Personal Support Workers (PSW) are well-trained, seasoned professionals with years of experience in various settings such as hospitals, long-term care facilities, retirement homes, and private residences.
The PSWs take pride in assisting our clients with activities of daily living to promote their well-being and maintain their independence.
Each interaction with a client will start with a detailed review of the personalized care plan and any documentation from the previous shift; this ensures we have accurate information on the client’s status. The activities a PSW may perform for a specific client will vary based on the personalized care plan developed for the client, but they typically consist of a portion of the items below.
The activities a PSW may perform for a specific client will vary based on the personalized care plan developed for the client, but they typically consist of a portion of the items below.
- Bathing/personal hygiene, Toileting/incontinence care.
- Mobility assistance, Feeding and Meal Preparation, Shopping, and errands.
- Medication reminders, Companionship, and emotional support.
- We ensure a safe environment for our clients by proactively removing any hazards to promote a hazard-free environment and assist with fall prevention measures in the home or facility.
- Respect, Cultural Sensitivity, Dignity and Privacy are paramount here at MCITY Support Services; we are proud of how we handle the client’s autonomy, cultural requirements, privacy, and confidentiality. Our core values on this topic are enforced from the bottom to the top of the organization.
We pride ourselves in regularly updating our staff on best practices, advancements in healthcare and emerging technology through training and workshops which include collaborations with other healthcare teams to enhance their knowledge so they may provide the best care possible.